DIRECTORS PRESENT President Ken March, Vice President Harry Boynton, Treasurer Chris Liller, Secretary Ted Tillson, Chief Phil Tirrell, Directors Jay Wilson, Harry Nelson, Dan Eaton and Curt Barnes
The meeting was called to order at 1902 hours.
GUEST – None
MEETING MINUTE A motion was made by Director Nelson, seconded by Director Wilson and unanimously voted by the board members present to accept May 2017 Board of Director’s meeting minutes. Motion passes.
TREASURES REPORT Chief Tirrell provided a detailed report on where we are financially with the operational budget and the radio repair shop. A motion was made by Vice President Boynton, seconded by Director Wilson and unanimously voted by the board members present to accept the current Treasure’s report as presented. Motion passed.
COORDINATORS REPORT Chief Tirrell presented a report on his monthly activities for the months of May 11th through June 14th , 2017 these activities are above the normal day to day operational activities. A motion was made by Director Wilson, seconded by Vice President Boynton and unanimously voted by the board members present to accept the Coordinator’s report. Motion passed.
• By-Laws Committee – Nothing to report
• Regional Training Committee – SWNHDFMA has secured a grant from Firefighter support network to train firefighters within SWNHDFMA. We are looking for hoist departments class titled “surviving the Insult- interior Benchmarking”. If interested in hoist please contact Deputy Chief Redin at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Public Relations Committee – Nothing to report
• Attorney Adam Kossayda is still working on the paperwork to file suit against the Town of Charlestown for recovering lost monies.
• Re-tone Issues: Chief Tirrell presented data for the month of May of how many re-tones occurred by town. There are approximately re-tones 196 for May, this is up from the month of April. The board will continue reviewing this data monthly and come back with some type of proposal to address this issue. The Board has requested Chief Tirrell to draft a letter to the Town of Swanzey expressing concern over the number of re-tone Swanzey has had.
• Chief Tirrell stated MAC1 vehicle has been purchased and can in last week. The Vehicle is not in service as of yet, it needs lettering and radios installation.
• Chief Tirrell briefly discussed the situation in Unity and how the area departments would help with fire protection for the Town. The town has started this month responding on its own and there are approx. 10 members.
• SWNHDFMA has taken on a new division out fitting emergency vehicles with code 3 lighting. The new division can also outfit non-emergency vehicles with lighting as well. Please call 603-355-2315 for more info.
• Chief Tirrell discussed turning over the fire prevention trailer to the Jaffrey Fire Department. The trailer will still be available to all members and the Jaffrey Fire Department will maintain the trailer.
o A motion was made by Vice President Harry Boynton, seconded by Director Liller and unanimously voted by the board members present to turn over the fire prevention trailer to the Jaffrey Fire Department. Motion passes.
PERSONNEL ISSUES - None
CORRESPONDENCE – None
OPEN DISCUSSION –
The meeting was adjourned at 2033.
Ted Tillson, Recording Secretary