DIRECTORS PRESENT President Ken March, Vice President Harry Boynton, Secretary Ted Tillson, Treasure Chris Liller, Chief Phil Tirrell, Directors Jay Wilson, Harry Nelson, Curt Barnes, Tom Goddard, and Real Bazin
The meeting was called to order at 1902 hours.
GUEST – None
MEETING MINUTE A motion was made by Director Nelson, seconded by Vice President Boynton and unanimously voted by the board members present to accept February 2017 Board of Director’s meeting minutes. Motion passes.
TREASURES REPORT Chief Tirrell provided a detailed report on where we are financially with the operational budget and the radio repair shop. A motion was made by Director Nelson, seconded by Director Goddard and unanimously voted by the board members present to accept the current Treasure’s report as presented. Motion passed.
COORDINATORS REPORT Chief Tirrell presented a report on his monthly activities for the months of February 2017 through March 8, 2017 these activities are above the normal day to day operational activities. A motion was made by Director Boynton, seconded by Director Goddard and unanimously voted by the board members present to accept the Coordinator’s report. Motion passed.
• By-Laws Committee – The By-Law committee reviewed several documents from Capital area dispatch and the Lakes Region dispatch any By-Law language which would address ambulance mutual aid response similar to fire mutual aid. The documents reviewed did not address the issue through By-Laws however did so through protocols/standard operating procedures. The By-Law committee recommends this approach rather than the By-Laws. The Board would like to set up a round table discussion with all area ambulance services to discuss this approach and to come to some type of resolution for response.
• Regional Training Committee –Nothing to report
• Public Relations Committee – Nothing to report
• Attorney Adam Kossayda is still working on the paperwork to file suit against the Town of Charlestown for recovering lost monies.
• Re-tone Issues: Chief Tirrell presented data for the month of February 2017 of how many re-tones occurred by town. There are approximately over 200 re-tones monthly, there are a few towns which re-tone are extremely high. The board will continue reviewing this data monthly and come back with some type of proposal to address this issue.
• Chief Tirrell has gathered data and quotes on replacing MAC1 vehicle in 2017through state bid and will be passing the current vehicle down to radio repair to replace their current vehicle which will not pass inspection. The new vehicle will cost approximately $46,000.00 and will need an additional amount of monies for radio install, lettering, and lighting which is approximately and additional $10,000.00. Director Goddard made a motion to order the vehicle for the purchase price of $46,000.00 and to expend the additional cost of $10,000.00 for the additional items, motion was made and seconded by Vice President Boynton and unanimously voted by the board members present to purchase the Chief’s vehicle and expend the additional funds. Motion passes.
• Radio Grant – Grafton County wrote a grant for $80,000 for radio upgrades and replacement. The grant was extended to other areas of NH including Southwestern NH. SWDFMA will be getting a cache of 12 radios (UHF, VHF, and 800 MHz).
• There are three director positions up for nomination this year, Harry Boynton, Ken March, and Dan Eaton. The nomination committee is Director Goddard and Director Liller.
• The Board of Directors had decided not to meet during the month of April as the Annual meeting will be held during that month.
• April 26th 2017 will be the annual meeting of SWDFMA at the Best Western Hotel in Keene, NH. Apparatus display at 1730 followed by a presentation by Firstnet at 1900 hours. The annual meeting will follow at 1900 hours.
PERSONNEL ISSUES - None
CORRESPONDENCE – None
OPEN DISCUSSION –
The meeting was adjourned at 2033.
Ted Tillson, Recording Secretary