DIRECTORS PRESENT President Ken March, Vice President Harry Boynton, Treasure Chris Liller, Secretary Ted Tillson, Chief Phil Tirrell, Directors Harry Nelson, Curt Barnes, Tom Goddard, Real Bazin, Ed Walker, and Dan Eaton
The meeting was called to order at 1902 hours.
GUEST – None
MEETING MINUTE A motion was made by Director Eaten, seconded by Director Nelson and unanimously voted by the board members present to accept Nov 2016 Board of Director’s meeting minutes. Motion passes.
TREASURES REPORT Chief Tirrell provided a detailed report on where we are financially with the operational budget and the radio repair shop. A motion was made by Director Goddard, seconded by Vice President Boynton and unanimously voted by the board members present to accept the current Treasure’s report as presented. Motion passed.
COORDINATORS REPORT Chief Tirrell presented a report on his monthly activities for the months of November 10, 2016 through December 14, 2016 these activities are above the normal day to day operational activities. A motion was made by Vice President Boynton, seconded by Director Goddard and unanimously voted by the board members present to accept the Coordinator’s report. Motion passed.
• By-Laws Committee – Nothing to report
• Regional Training Committee –Nothing to report
• Public Relations Committee – Nothing to report
• The contract between SWFMA and the Union has concluded and been signed by both parties.
• Attorney Adam Kossayda is still working on the paperwork to file suit against the Town of Charlestown for recovering lost monies.
• Chief Tirrell stated the talkback frequency will be 151.1075 ? with a PL of 179.79. The equipment has been installed and is working. Chief Tirrell stated they are working on protocols for the new ? and they will roll them out soon.
• Chief Tirrell is still gathering data and quotes on replacing MAC1 vehicle in 2017.
• Radio Grant – Grafton County wrote a grant for $80,000 for radio upgrades and replacement. The grant was extended to other areas of NH including Southwestern NH. SWDFMA will be getting a cache of 12 radios (UHF, VHF, and 800 MHz).
• Chief Tirrell discussed gift cards ($100.00) for the Dispatchers as an end of the year thank you. A motion was made by Vice President Boynton, seconded by Director Eaton, and unanimously voted by the board members present to accept the above motion. Motion passed.
PERSONNEL ISSUES - Three new part-time dispatchers – Joe Amato, Matt Goodell, and Alyssa Abbott have been hired.
CORRESPONDENCE – None
OPEN DISCUSSION – There was a large discussion on fees for third party ambulance services, should there be a fee or not. No decision was determined.
The meeting was adjourned at 2035.
Ted Tillson, Recording Secretary