DIRECTORS PRESENT President Ken March, Vice President Harry Boynton, Secretary Ted Tillson, Chief Phil Tirrell, Directors Jay Wilson, Harry Nelson, Dan Eaton and Real Bazin
The meeting was called to order at 1900 hours.
GUEST – None
MEETING MINUTE A motion was made by Vice President Boynton, seconded by Director Wilson and unanimously voted by the board members present to accept March 2017 Board of Director’s meeting minutes. Motion passes.
TREASURES REPORT Chief Tirrell provided a detailed report on where we are financially with the operational budget and the radio repair shop. A motion was made by Director Wilson, seconded by Vice President Boynton and unanimously voted by the board members present to accept the current Treasure’s report as presented. Motion passed.
COORDINATORS REPORT Chief Tirrell presented a report on his monthly activities for the months of March 15th through May 10th , 2017 these activities are above the normal day to day operational activities. A motion was made by Director Nelson, seconded by Vice President Boynton and unanimously voted by the board members present to accept the Coordinator’s report. Motion passed.
• By-Laws Committee – Nothing to report
• Regional Training Committee –Nothing to report
• Public Relations Committee – Nothing to report
• Attorney Adam Kossayda is still working on the paperwork to file suit against the Town of Charlestown for recovering lost monies.
• Re-tone Issues: Chief Tirrell presented data for the month of March and April of how many re-tones occurred by town. There are approximately re-tones 211 for March and 180 for April, there are a few towns which re-tone are extremely high. The board will continue reviewing this data monthly and come back with some type of proposal to address this issue. The Board has requested Chief Tirrell to draft a letter to the Town of Swanzey expressing concern over the number of re-tone Swanzey has had.
• Chief Tirrell stated MAC1 vehicle has been purchased and can in last week. The Vehicle is not in service as of yet, it needs lettering and radios installation.
• Radio Grant – Grafton County wrote a grant for $80,000 for radio upgrades and replacement. The grant was extended to other areas of NH including Southwestern NH. SWDFMA will be getting a cache of 12 radios (UHF, VHF, and 800 MHz).
• Election of Board officers, o President – Ken March was nominated by Director Real and second by Director Boynton and unanimously voted by the board members present to accept Ken March as President. Motion Passed o Vice President - Harry Boynton nominated by Director Real and second by Director Nelson and unanimously voted by the board members present to accept Harry Boynton as Vice President. Motion Passed o Treasure – Chris Liller nominated by Director Nelson and second by Director Boynton and unanimously voted by the board members present to accept Chris Liller as Treasure. Motion Passed o Secretary – Ted Tillson nominated by Director Boynton and second by Director Nelson and unanimously voted by the board members present to accept Ted Tillson as Secretary. Motion Passed
• Chief Tirrell stated he made a brief presentation to Cheshire County Commissioners last month, which the county commissioners requested.
• Chief Tirrell briefly discussed the situation in Unity and how the area departments would help with fire protection for the Town.
PERSONNEL ISSUES - None
CORRESPONDENCE – None
OPEN DISCUSSION – There was a request for Chief Tirrell to email the Board minutes to a few fire Chief in the System.
The meeting was adjourned at 2033.
Ted Tillson, Recording Secretary