DIRECTORS PRESENT President Ken March, Vice President Harry Boynton, Secretary Ted Tillson, Chief Phil Tirrell, Directors Harry Nelson, Ed Walker, Tom Goddard, Jay Wilson, Curt Barnes, Dan Eaton, and Real Bazin
The meeting was called to order at 1900 hours.
GUEST – John Curran and Deputy Chief Joshua Patrick both of Peterborough Fire
MEETING MINUTE A motion was made by Director Eaton, seconded by Vice President Boynton and unanimously voted by the board members present to accept August 2016 Board of Director’s meeting minutes. Motion passes.
TREASURES REPORT Chief Tirrell provided a detailed report on where we are financially with the operational budget and the radio repair shop. A motion was made by Director Eaton, seconded by Vice President Boynton and unanimously voted by the board members present to accept the current Treasure’s report as presented. Motion passed.
COORDINATORS REPORT Chief Tirrell presented a report on his monthly activities for the months of August 11, 2016 through September 14, 2016 these activities are above the normal day to day operational activities. A motion was made by Director Eaton, seconded by Director Goddard, and unanimously voted by the board members present to accept the Coordinator’s report. Motion passed.
• By-Laws Committee – Nothing to report
• Regional Training Committee –Dr Harry Carter will be coming on September 24th to conduct a training seminar, however the presentation is in jeopardy of being cancelled due to low application.
• Public Relations Committee – Nothing to report
• Attorney Adam Kossayda has begun the paperwork to file suit against the Town of Charlestown for recovering lost monies. Attorney Kossayda will be submitting the suit to court sometime next week.
• Chief Tirrell has received licenses from the FCC for a talkback frequency. The equipment is on order and the installation should be completed by end of year.
• The Ames hill tower site may need to be moved to a different location. The new location is close to the current tower and the owner(s) of the tower will allow SWDFMA to occupy the site at no charge. The coverage of the current site will stay the same on the new tower.
• John Curran presented PulsePoint Respond a cell phone app which alerts anyone who is trained in CPR/AED and is within a few miles of the cardiac incident to be alerted via cell phone to assist. For most detailed information see their website at www.pulsepoint.org .
• The Union has started negotiations on their contract and all parties will be meeting sometime next week for further discussions.
• Chief Tirrell is still gathering data and quotes on replacing MAC1 vehicle.
• Chief Tirrell stated there will be training September 20, 2016 at Fall Mtn Regional High School on radio procedures presented by SWDFMA, everyone is welcome.
• Chief Tirrell stated they have received 17 applications for review. These applicants will start proceeding through the process.
PERSONNEL ISSUES - None
CORRESPONDENCE – None
OPEN DISCUSSION • Director Eaton provided a brief report on First net and NH will be building a partnership with them.
• Director Bazin asked about a new designation he heard over the radio - paramedic designation, Chief Tirrell stated it was for the Doctor Suozzi out of Cheshire hospital, Dr Suozzi feels if there is a trauma incident and he responds to the scene he can be of help.
• Director Goddard stated the VT State Police would like to no longer be in the dispatching business and the Counties might be taking over.
The meeting was adjourned at 2015.
Ted Tillson, Recording Secretary