DIRECTORS PRESENT President Ken March, Vice President Harry Boynton, Treasure Chris Liller, Secretary Ted Tillson, Chief Phil Tirrell, Directors Harry Nelson, Ed Walker, Tom Goddard, Curt Barnes, Dan Eaton, and Real Bazin
The meeting was called to order at 1905 hours.
GUEST Kurt from Harris Corp., which provides communications solutions, provided SWNHDFMA with 4 two-way portable radios to demo (GX-15P, GX-25P, GX-75P and GX-100P).
MEETING MINUTE A motion was made by Director Nelson, seconded by Director Goddard and unanimously voted by the board members present to accept June 2016 Board of Director’s meeting minutes. Motion passes.
TREASURES REPORT Chief Tirrell provided a detailed report on where we are financially with the operational budget and the radio repair shop. A motion was made by Vice President Boynton, seconded by Director Liller and unanimously voted by the board members present to accept the Treasure’s report. Motion passed.
COORDINATORS REPORT Chief Tirrell presented a report on his monthly activities for the months of June 9, 2016 through August 10, 2016 these activities are above the normal day to day operational activities. A motion was made by Vice President Boynton, seconded by Director Walker, and unanimously voted by the board members present to accept the Coordinator’s report. Motion passed.
• By-Laws Committee – Nothing to report
• Regional Training Committee –Dr Harry Carter will be coming on September 24th to conduct a training seminar.
• Public Relations Committee – Nothing to report
• Attorney Prigge has asked attorney Adam Kossayda, a litigation lawyer, to help with recovering lost monies from Charlestown. We are currently consulting with Attorney Kossayda to determine what our options are. • Chief Tirrell has filed paperwork to the FCC for a talkback frequency, the frequency has been determined and a license for 5 sites has begun. The equipment is on order and the installation should be completed by end of year.
• The Union has requested to start negotiations on their contract, Chief Tirrell has provided some date which were denied. The Union President has contacted Chief Tirrell, he would like to talk about setting up dates to proceed forward.
• Chief Tirrell has contacted Mike from MHQ for quotes on replacing MAC1 vehicle
PERSONNEL ISSUES - None
CORRESPONDENCE – Lisa Jacobs from Fitzwilliam has contacted Chief Tirrell, for information regarding issues in her neighborhood.
OPEN DISCUSSION Director Nelson stated the training provided by SWFMA was well received by those who attended.
The meeting was adjourned at 2000.
Ted Tillson, Recording Secretary