DIRECTORS PRESENT President Ken March, Vice President Harry Boynton, Treasure Chris Liller, Secretary Ted Tillson, Chief Phil Tirrell, Directors Harry Nelson, Tom Goddard, Jay Wilson, Curt Barnes, and Dan Eaton
DIRECTORS EXCUSED Directors Ed Walker and Real Bazin
The meeting was called to order at 1900 hours.
GUEST – None
MEETING MINUTE A motion was made by Director Eaton, seconded by Director Goddard and unanimously voted by the board members present to accept Sept 2016 Board of Director’s meeting minutes. Motion passes.
TREASURES REPORT Chief Tirrell provided a detailed report on where we are financially with the operational budget and the radio repair shop. A motion was made by Director Eaton, seconded by Director Goddard and unanimously voted by the board members present to accept the current Treasure’s report as presented. Motion passed.
COORDINATORS REPORT Chief Tirrell presented a report on his monthly activities for the months of September 15, 2016 through October 19, 2016 these activities are above the normal day to day operational activities. A motion was made by Vice President Boynton, seconded by Director Liller, and unanimously voted by the board members present to accept the Coordinator’s report. Motion passed.
• By-Laws Committee – Nothing to report
• Regional Training Committee –No training was held in September due to low enrollment (15)
• Public Relations Committee – Nothing to report
• Attorney Adam Kossayda has begun the paperwork to file suit against the Town of Charlestown for recovering lost monies. Attorney Kossayda is still moving forward.
• Chief Tirrell has received licenses from the FCC for a talkback frequency. The equipment has been received and the installation should begin within the next few of weeks. Chief Tirrell will be drafting a set of protocols to send out to departments on how the new frequency will be utilized.
• Chief Tirrell is still gathering data and quotes on replacing MAC1 vehicle in 2017.
• The Board will be discussing and finalizing the budget for 2017 on November 12, 2016.
• Chief Tirrell stated they have received 17 applications for review. These applicants will start proceeding through the process.
• Contract negotiations between SWFMA and the Union have concluded. Chief Tirrell and President March presented a copy of the contract and agreed on by both parties. After discussion of the contract Director Eaton made a motion to accept the contract as presented, seconded by Director Liller and unanimously voted by the board members present to accept the contract as presented. Motion passed.
PERSONNEL ISSUES - None
CORRESPONDENCE – None
OPEN DISCUSSION - None
The meeting was adjourned at 2015.
Ted Tillson, Recording Secretary