DIRECTORS PRESENT President Ken March, Vice President Dave Chamberlain, Secretary Ted Tillson, Chief Phil Tirrell, Directors Curt Barnes, Harry Boynton, and Real Bazin
The meeting was called to order at 1905 hours.
MEETING MINUTE A motion was made by Vice President Chamberlain, seconded by Director Barnes and unanimously voted by the board members present to accept February 2016 Board of Director’s meeting minutes. Motion passes.
TREASURES REPORT Chief Tirrell provided a detailed report on where we are financially with the operational budget and the radio repair shop. A motion was made by Director Boynton, seconded by Director Barnes and unanimously voted by the board members present to accept the Treasure’s report. Motion passed.
COORDINATORS REPORT Chief Tirrell presented a report on his monthly activities for the months of February 11, 2016 and March 9, 2016 these activities are above the normal day to day operational activities. A motion was made by Director Boynton, seconded by Vice President Chamberlain, and unanimously voted by the board members present to accept the Coordinator’s report. Motion passed.
• By-Laws Committee – Nothing
• Regional Training Committee – Deputy Redin is working on arrangements to have a guest speaker, at the annual meeting in April at 1830 hours, Commissioner Joseph Finn from Boston Fire Alarm, the subject MAYDAY.
• Public Relations Committee – Chief Tirrell has been meeting upon request with Town Boards of Selectmen to discuss the 2016 budget. It was suggested the BOD hold an open house with Town Boards of Selectmen in October to advise the Selectmen what the budget covers.
• SWNHDFMA annual meeting will be held on April 20, 2016, apparatus showing from 1730 to 1830, guest speaker 1830 to 1930, annual meeting will start at 1930 hours.
• On March 1, 2016 Chief Tirrell meet with Dale Girard of Golden Cross Ambulance service to discuss radio procedures, and asked that Golden Cross switch to the proper tactical frequency, this way departments can communicate directly with the ambulance which is responding.
• A second letter to the Town of Charlestown for payment has been drafted and will be sent out within the next few days.
• On March 3 Chief Tirrell met with Brandon Adams of the NHRS for an Audit. The audit unveiled a few minor items which need to be fixed (items in the wrong category) which need to be moved.
• The 2014 Audit has been completed by Paul Mercier and given to Chief Tirrell for signatures.
• The Health insurance for employees for the next cycle will not be available to purchase. This has been discussed with the employees and options have been presented to everyone.
• Chief Tirrell has been working with Vermont Yankee to obtain surplus equipment for the down grade.
• President March asked the BOD if anyone would like to be on the Nominating Committee, we have four Board members up for re-election, Directors Tillson, Boynton, and President March volunteered. The members up for re-election are Director Goddard, Director Liller, Director Nelson, and Director Barnes.
PERSONNEL ISSUES - None
CORRESPONDENCE – None
OPEN DISCUSSION Vice President Chamberlain stated to the Board he will be resigning from the Board as of April 20th 2016. Vice President Chamberlain stated he does not have the time to commit any more, he stated it has been a pleasure working with everyone.
The Board thanked Vice President Chamberlain for his time and contribution to the Board.
The meeting was adjourned at 2020.
Ted Tillson, Recording Secretary