DIRECTORS PRESENT President Ken March, Vice President Harry Boynton, Secretary Ted Tillson, Chief Phil Tirrell, Directors Harry Nelson, Curtis Barnes, John Bates, Real Bazin, and Jay Wilson.
The meeting was called to order at 1905 hours.
GUEST – None
MEETING MINUTE A motion was made by Director Barnes, seconded by Director Nelson and unanimously voted by the board members present to accept October 2017 Board of Director’s meeting minutes. Motion passes.
TREASURES REPORT Chief Tirrell provided a detailed report on where we are financially with the operational budget and the radio repair shop. A motion was made by Vice President Boynton seconded by Director Nelson and unanimously voted by the board members present to accept the current Treasure’s report as presented. Motion passed.
COORDINATORS REPORT Chief Tirrell presented a report on his monthly activities for the months of October 13th through November 8, 2017 these activities are above the normal day to day operational activities. A motion was made by Director Barnes, seconded by Vice President Boynton and unanimously voted by the board members present to accept the Coordinator’s report. Motion passed.
• By-Laws Committee – The committee presented a By-Law draft to the Board outlining what an automatic response, contracted services, and primary protection). Proposed By-Law draft was also emailed out to all directors to review for the next Board meeting.
• Regional Training Committee – SWNHDFMA has secured a grant from Firefighter support network to train firefighters within SWNHDFMA. Currently there are 15 host departments for the class titled “surviving the Insult- interior Benchmarking”. If interested if there are others who would like to hoist please contact Deputy Chief Redin at email@example.com. There has been positive feedback about the training from everyone who has attended.
• Public Relations Committee – Nothing to report
• Attorney Adam Kossayda has filed all of the necessary paperwork with the court for moving forward. Attorney Kossayda also has laid out the court dates for the process ending August of 2018.
• Chief Tirrell stated the new Emergency Products Division is going well and is moving forward. The new division can also outfit non-emergency vehicles with lighting as well. Please call 603-355-2315 for more info.
• Pitcher Tower is partially up and running, this should provide better coverage to the Stoddard and Marlow areas. Fitzwilliam tower and all equipment is currently moving to a new location, this should be completed within the next few weeks.
• Chief Tirrell has met with Chief Skantze about all of the re-tones and a solution was provided. If members of the Swanzey Fire Department sign on through Spotted Dog and the Dispatchers see they have there will be no re-tone unless someone from the Swanzey Fire Department request a re-tone. The Board reviewed the list of re-tones and the number has drop dramatically for October.
• A motion was made by Director Nelson seconded by Vice President Boynton and unanimously voted by the board members present to purchase $100.00 Gift Cards for all Dispatchers as a Christmas Gift and Thank you for the hard work and dedication this year. Motion passed.
• Chief Tirrell presented the 2018 Budget to the Board. The 2018 Budget has a 1.68% increase over the 2017 Budget. After a discussion a motion was made by Director Wilson and seconded by Director Real and unanimously voted by the board members present to approve the 2018 Budget as presented to the Board. Motion Passed.
• Chief Tirrell Stated the 2006 Ford Expedition has been sold for $4,000.00 and the money has been deposited into the account.
PERSONNEL ISSUES - A grievance has been filed and the Board has appointed a panel to review the grievance.
CORRESPONDENCE – None.
OPEN DISCUSSION – There was a brief discussion on Bellows falls fire department and the current business that use to have their fire alarms monitored by the fire department. Director Real suggested we reach out to those businesses to and ask them if they are interested in having SWNHDFMA monitor their fire alarms.
The meeting was adjourned at 2000
Ted Tillson, Recording Secretary