DIRECTORS PRESENT Vice President Harry Boynton, Secretary Ted Tillson, Chief Phil Tirrell, Directors Jay Wilson, Harry Nelson, Dan Eaton, Tom Goddard and Real Basin
The meeting was called to order at 1902 hours.
GUEST – None
MEETING MINUTE A motion was made by Director Wilson, seconded by Director Goddard and unanimously voted by the board members present to accept June 2017 Board of Director’s meeting minutes. Motion passes.
TREASURES REPORT Chief Tirrell provided a detailed report on where we are financially with the operational budget and the radio repair shop. A motion was made by Director Goddard, seconded by Director Nelson and unanimously voted by the board members present to accept the current Treasure’s report as presented. Motion passed.
COORDINATORS REPORT Chief Tirrell presented a report on his monthly activities for the months of June 21st through 7 12, 2017 these activities are above the normal day to day operational activities. A motion was made by Director Goddard, seconded by Director Nelson and unanimously voted by the board members present to accept the Coordinator’s report. Motion passed.
• By-Laws Committee – Nothing to report
• Regional Training Committee – SWNHDFMA has secured a grant from Firefighter support network to train firefighters within SWNHDFMA. We are looking for hoist departments class titled “surviving the Insult- interior Benchmarking”. If interested in hoist please contact Deputy Chief Redin at email@example.com.
• Public Relations Committee – Nothing to report
• Attorney Adam Kossayda is still working on the paperwork to file suit against the Town of Charlestown for recovering lost monies.
• Re-tone Issues: Chief Tirrell presented data for the month of June of how many re-tones occurred by town. There are approximately re-tones 188 for June. The Board has requested Chief Tirrell to draft a letter to the Town of Swanzey expressing concern over the number of re-tone Swanzey has had.
• Chief Tirrell stated MAC1 vehicle has been purchased and can in last week. The Vehicle is not in service as of yet, it needs lettering and radios installation.
• SWNHDFMA has taken on a new division out fitting emergency vehicles with code 3 lighting. The new division can also outfit non-emergency vehicles with lighting as well. Please call 603-355-2315 for more info.
• Chief Tirrell conducted a small demo on a new portable P25 which has 10,000 channels to operate. The cost is approximately $1800.00.
PERSONNEL ISSUES - None
CORRESPONDENCE – Letter from Attorney Kossayda
OPEN DISCUSSION – Soon Bellows Falls Fire will not be responding to EMS calls unless the ambulance request assistance.
The meeting was adjourned at 1947.
Ted Tillson, Recording Secretary