DIRECTORS PRESENT President Ken March, Vice President Dave Chamberlain, Treasurer Chris Liller, Secretary Ted Tillson, Chief Phil Tirrell, Directors Tom Redin, Mike Tksczyk, Dan Eaton, Harry Boynton, Harry Nelson, Jay Wilson and Tom Goddard
The meeting was called to order at 1907 hours.
GUEST Chief Cole Streeter and Deputy Chief Real Bazin from the Westminster Fire and Rescue
MEETING MINUTE A motion was made by Director Eaton, seconded by Director Nelson and unanimously voted by the board members present to accept March 2015 Board of Director's meeting minutes and the 2015 Annual meeting minutes. Motion passes.
TREASURES REPORT Chief Tirrell provided a detailed report on where we are financially with the operational budget and the radio repair shop. A motion was made by Director Eaton, seconded by Director Boynton, and unanimously voted by the board members present to accept the Treasure's report. Motion passed.
COORDINATORS REPORT Chief Tirrell presented a comprehensive report on his monthly activities for the months of April thru May 13, 2015 these activities are above the normal day to day operational activities. A motion were made by Director Boynton, seconded by Vice President Chamberlain, and unanimously voted by the board members present to accept the Coordinator's report. Motion passed.
* By-Laws Committee - The approved By-Laws will be up-date and emailed to all Directors by then end of the week (Friday May 15, 2015).
* Regional Training Committee - Director Redin asked if the Board members had any speakers they know of who would be willing to provide training. President March has some information he will send to Director Redin.
* Public Relations Committee - This Fall there will be an open house at Head Quarters.
o Director Eaton will contact NH Chronicle to talk to them about doing a feature on SWNHDFMA.
o Director Redin felt it would be a good idea to put together a presentation about how dispatch works. This would be for Firefighters, Town Selectmen, and the general public
to understand what they are paying for with the dispatch fees. Chief Tirrell will work on the presentation.
* Chief Tirrell gave an up-date on the current servers which have been received and are installed. Currently they are working on moving all the data to the new servers, which will take about two weeks to complete.
* The annual meeting was well attended.
* There is a benefit auction for Herb Hurlburt on May 23 at 1030 hours at the Fall Mountain Regional High School.
* Chief Tirrell and President March will be drafting a letter to Towns around Charlestown to inform them about the Charlestown Fire Department leaving dispatch and how this could impact their community.
* President March introduced a new Board member Jay Wilson Captain of Newbrook Fire/Rescue
* A motion was made by Director Redin and second by Director Goddard for the Secretary to cast one ballet vote to re-elect the current set of officers (President March, Vice President Chamberlain, Treasurer Liller and Director Eaton to cast one ballet vote to re-elect Ted Tillson as Secretary. Motion passes
* The Town of Sunapee is shopping for a dispatch and they have approached Chief Tirrell about becoming a member of SWNHDFMA. Chief Tirrell provided some information. They will get back once they have gathered all of their information.
* There was a brief discussion about charging ambulance services for dispatching.
PERSONNEL ISSUES A grievance was settled with the Union without going to arbitration.
OPEN DISCUSSION The Westminster Fire and Rescue Chiefs asked some questions and provided some concerns they have. Their question and concerns were addressed by the Board members. Here are a list of the questions and concerns: Why they are paying $33,000.00 for dispatching fees, they had concerns about the level on non-essential radio traffic on KCF415, They wanted to know what the protocols were for sounding a 1st alarm (Chief Tirrell stated he would send those protocols to them).
The meeting was adjourned at 2100.
Ted Tillson, Recording Secretary