This morning (11/12/2015) at approximately 08:15, the Manchester Vermont Fire Department was dispatched to reports of a large propane leak near the Depot Street/Taconic Business Park Road intersection with a large cloud of propane.On arrival, the MFD found that the leak, which was caused by a valve inadvertently being left open during transfer at the propane depot, was under control, however residual propane remained in the area. The MFD secured the area until additional propane experts arrived on scene to confirm the safety of the facility, while one employee was treated by Manchester Rescue. The MFD cleared the scene within the hour.

Manchester Vt Propane leak 111215 3

Manchester Vt Propane leak 111215 1

Manchester Vt Propane leak 111215 2