CLAREMONT, NH--On Sunday, March 2, the Claremont Fire Department was dispatched to 8 Cherry Hill Road for a report of a chicken coop fire with an exposure problem. The duty crew responded with an engine and a quint at 1806 hours and arrived on the scene at 1812 hours. As he was approaching the scene, the duty officer called for a full first alarm assignment, as the heavily involved rear portions of the home was visible from some distance. Once on the scene, the engine crew deployed an attack line and advanced it through the garage, into a small entryway and was able to access the rear deck through a sliding glass door in the dining room. The exterior fire quickly communicated to all three levels of the structure through window openings and interior conditions deteriorated rapidly. Before the attack crew could react, fire from the basement level overtook the first floor and the lieutenant transmitted a â€œmaydayâ€ call over the air. The lieutenant and his firefighter were able to self rescue to the garage area where they were removed to the outdoors and treated by ambulance personnel. The injured firefighters are identified as Lieutenant Andrew Stevens, a ten-year veteran of the department, and Firefighter Scott Kenniston, a six-year veteran. Both men suffered a variety of burn injuries and were transferred to burn centers. Lt. Stevens was med-flighted to Brigham and Womenâ€™sâ€™ Hospital in Boston, while Fftr. Kenniston was transported to Fletcher Allen Hospital in Burlington, VT. Both firefighters were listed in good condition today at each medical facility. A third firefighter, Nick Koloski, sustained a wrist injury while assisting with efforts to remove the two more seriously injured firefighters. Fftr. Koloski was treated and released at Valley Regional Hospital on Sunday evening. The fire is being investigated by representatives of the New Hampshire Fire Marshalâ€™s Office and the Claremont Fire Department and the place of origin has, in fact, been isolated to a chicken coop that was located at the rear of the home. The ignition of the fire has been blamed on a heat lamp fixture that was being used inside the coop as a heat source. Since the coop was located in very close proximity to the building and was actually somewhat beneath a rear first floor deck, the fire communicated rapidly to both the deck and the rest of the home. Due to the slope of the property, the basement floor was at grade at the rear of the house, thus exposing three levels of the wood framed structure. The rear wall of the home provided a heavy fuel load and numerous openings that allowed for both severe fire conditions and an extremely rapid fire spread into the structure. The home was owned by Mr. Farogh Wien and there were six members of the Wien family in the residence at the time of the fire. At this time the residence is considered a total loss.