In the last 24 hours, the dispatch center has dispatched fire departments to 5 carbon monoxide calls. Three of these calls resulted in high readings of carbon monoxide inside the buildings. One of these calls was the result of a vent clogged with snow for a water heater. We hate to sound like a broken record, but please check your vents and make sure they are clear of snow and ice. Carbon monoxide is odorless and in severe high readings it could kill you. We also urge everyone to have a carbon monoxide detector on each level of your home.