FIRE DESTROYS HALIFAX HOUSE

The Halifax Fire Department responded to a house fire on Reed Hill Road at 1:38 p.m. on Thursday. Halifax Fire Chief Wayne Courser told the Reformer as soon as firefighters arrived on scene, a second alarm was struck. “It was a very smokey one and it was pretty hard to get in there.” It took firefighters about one-and-a-half hours to knock the blaze down. Courser said there was no one home at the time and no injuries to firefighters were reported, but he said there might have been a dog and a rabbit in the house that died in the fire. He believes the house was a total loss because of extensive smoke and water damage. Investigators will review the scene on Friday, but the chief speculated that the fire may have started near the wood stove, or may have been caused by an electrical failure.
BRATTLEBORO REFORMER

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *