The Brattleboro Fire Department is establishing and eligibility list for an anticipated opening in the upcoming year.
Public Safety (Fire) Group
General Statement of Duties: Performs general fire department work in controlling, extinguishing, and preventing fires and in the maintenance and operation of department apparatus and equipment. Performs work as required.
Supervision Received: Receives general supervision from superior officers, but must be able to act without direct supervision at emergencies.
Supervision Exercised: Exercises supervision only when the employee is designated to act in the capacity of an officer in the absence of an officer.
Illustrative Examples of Work:
* Responds to fire alarms and performs tasks necessary to control and extinguish fires, including the handling of hose, the raising and climbing of ladders, etc.
* Performs rescue, first aid tasks and salvage operations.
* Operates all trucks, pumps, and other auxiliary fire apparatus and equipment.
* Performs routine maintenance and cleaning work in the fire station; cleans and performs minor repairs on fire apparatus and equipment.
* Participates in training exercises and attends training schools as required.
* Responds to alarms and other emergencies when off duty.
* Performs fire prevention and public education duties as assigned.
Non-Essential Responsibilities: Other duties as assigned.
â€¢ Must hold a valid Vermont CPAT qualification at time of hire.
â€¢ Graduation from high school or equivalent.
â€¢ Must have a valid motor vehicle operatorâ€™s license.
â€¢ Must obtain a Vermont recognized Fire Fighter level I certification within one year of employment.
â€¢ Must hold a current Vermont recognized Emergency Medical Responder certification.
Physical Requirements: Must pass a Town of Brattleboro physical examination prior to employment
The Brattleboro Fire Department is accepting applications to create a hiring list for a full-time entry level Firefighter position. If you have interest in participating in the candidate selection process you must submit a Town of Brattleboro employment application, cover letter, resume and copy of your valid CPAT card to the Brattleboro Fire Department, 103 Elliot St, Brattleboro, VT 05301 no later than Tuesday, February 10, 2015 at 4pm. All applicants must have a current CPAT certification to be considered. If you have questions please contact Chief Michael Bucossi at (802) 254-4831. The Town of Brattleboro is an Equal Opportunity Employer.