NH Fire Crew Training

RT-130 Safety Refresher
This is the yearly refresher that all fire fighters need to take to stay current whether you go out on a crew or not. It needs to be taken each year.
Date: Saturday March 5th RSVP by Feb. 26th
Location: Bear Brook Warehouse, Allenstown NH (Bear Brook State Park)
Time: 9am to 5pm

Date: Saturday March 12th RSVP by March 4th
Location: Bear Brook Warehouse, Allenstown NH (Bear Brook State Park)
Time: 9am to 5pm

Date: Wednesday March 16th RSVP by March 9th
Location: Bear Brook Warehouse, Allenstown NH (Bear Brook State Park)
Time: 9am to 5pm

Bring a lunch. NO shelter deployment. This is class room only.

S-110 Rookie Class
This class needs to be taken by any new members of the Fire crew. If it was taken last year and you did not go out with the crew you do not have to take it again. You will need to take the RT-130.
Date: Saturday March 19th RSVP by March 11th
Location: Bear Brook Warehouse, Allenstown NH (Bear Brook State Park)
Time: 9am to 1pm

Each class will have limited space, for 24 students. RSVP is requested no later than one week prior each session.
You can call the office at 603-271-2214 or email Jen Little at Jennifer.little@dred.nh.gov


On Friday January 29th Deputy Chief Bonnie Johnson will retire from Fire Mutual Aid after over 31 years of dedicated service. Feel free to stop by the dispatch center on Friday morning to say good-bye and to congratulate her on her many years of service to our organization. Here is a picture of soon to be retired Deputy Chief Bonnie Johnson taken 30 years ago in 1986. Note what the equipment used back then was compared to today!
Bonnie Johnson 1986


Newbrook Fire/Rescue is selling a 1983 Pierce Arrow 6V92 Detroit Diesel, Alison Automatic, 1250gpm pump 1,000 water tank, foam, Power Inverter, Runs and pumps well.

$8,000 or Best offer.
Please e-mail Chief Lawley at newfanegarage@svcable.net or call 802-348-7949
23 4 sale 1

23 4 sale 2

23 4 sale 3


Newbrook Fire/Rescue founding member Bob Culver’s family created this sculpture in his memory upon his passing with Bob’s dog, his faithful companion for years standing by. Photo sent in by Newbrook member Nick Lawley.

23 Culver


31 years ago today on January 18, 1985 – Equinox House fire in Manchester Vt. Here is a news article about the fire:
Jan. 18, 1985 11:00 PM ET

MANCHESTER, VT. MANCHESTER, Vt. (AP) _ A damaged propane tank on Friday sprayed flaming gas and destroyed the south wing of the historic Equinox House, a rambling inn about to reopen following a $20 million renovation.

The late afternoon fire destroyed 70 rooms in the 148-room inn, which has been closed since 1976, said Wayne Wagner, president of the Galesi Group, which was renovating the structure.

The inn sits just south of the main green in Manchester, and has been the centerpiece of the resort community for about 150 years.

No injuries were reported in the fire, which started when a valve was ripped off a propane tank that was being backed into place by a pickup truck, said Peter Hopkins, editor of the local weekly newspaper. The leaking gas ignited and fire was sprayed onto the wooden structure, he said.

”The propane was spraying into the side, all the way up and above the four stories,” said Hopkins, who arrived at the hotel before the fire engines. ”It flashed up the side of the building and spread along the fourth floor.

”Looking at the intensity of the fire, thrown up against the side of the building, I wondered whether there was any chance the building could be saved at all,” said Hopkins, who edits the Manchester Journal.

About 200 firefighters and volunteers from as far as 32 miles away worked to contain the fire, said Hopkins. A connecting wing between the north and south sections was pulled down by a bulldozer to help contain the fire and give workers better access to the burning south wing, he said.

The main building, with its 290-foot colonnade, has stood empty since 1976. But a $20 million restoration undertaken by Albany, N.Y., developer Francesco Galesi, was nearly completed, and a grand reopening was scheduled for the Fourth of July.

6 years ago today on January 18, 2010 – Anchor Restaurant fire on South Main St. in Wilmington. Dispatchers on duty were Lt. Matt Yeatman and Kassie (Dupre) Lunderville.


27 years ago today on January 14, 1989 – 4 family members perished in an apartment building fire at 88 High St. in Keene. Dispatchers on duty were Dispatcher Bonnie Johnson and Dispatcher Joe Sangermano.

5 years ago on January 14, 2011 – 3 alarm fire at 100 Pearl St. in Keene. Dispatchers on duty were Dispatcher Jay French and Dispatcher Virginia Gilman.

3 years ago today on January 14, 2013 – 3 alarms with additional companies on scene above 3rd alarm – Barn fire at Center and Mountain Rd in Lyndeborough. Dispatchers on duty were Lt. David Whipple, Dispatcher Jay French and Part time Dispatcher Ashton Nyre.