Archive for November, 2015

ON THIS DATE IN HISTORY

Saturday, November 28th, 2015

ON THIS DATE IN HISTORY – 73 years ago today – Cocoanut Grove Fire in Boston. 492 people died and over 100 were sent to hospitals. Check out this web site:
CLICK HERE

WINDHAM VERMONT NEW TANKER

Tuesday, November 24th, 2015

The Windham Volunteer Fire Department Fire Chief Rick Weitzel and USDA State Director Ted Brady stand in front of the department’s new tanker, which was recently purchased with a USDA Rural Development loan. Photo from Brattleboro Reformer.

126tanker

FUNERAL ANNOUNCEMENT

Tuesday, November 24th, 2015

The Marlborough, NH Fire Department regrets to announce the passing of Edward H. Wilson, Jr. Retired Deputy Fire Chief and a 43 Year Member of the Department. Calling Hours will be held, Friday November 27th 2015, from 1700 to 1900 at Foleys Funeral Home, Keene, NH. The Funeral Service will be held Saturday November 28th 2015 at 10:00 hrs at St Margaret Mary’s Church, Keene, NH. The Burial will follow the service at The Meeting House Cemetery, Marlborough, NH. Personnel are requested to meet at the Marlborough Fire Station, Friday November 27th, 2015 at 1630 and Saturday November 28th, 2015 0930 in Full Dress Uniform.

GREEN MOUNTAIN CISM TEAM

Friday, November 20th, 2015

Vt CISD 2-page-0

Vt CISD 1-page-0

KEENE FIRE DEPARTMENT HIRING LIST

Friday, November 20th, 2015

City of Keene Firefighter Posting-page-0

NH FIREFIGHTER ONE CLASS

Wednesday, November 18th, 2015

Rindge FF1 flyer-page-0

Rindge FF1 Schedule-page-0

PROPANE LEAK IN MANCHESTER VERMONT

Friday, November 13th, 2015

This morning (11/12/2015) at approximately 08:15, the Manchester Vermont Fire Department was dispatched to reports of a large propane leak near the Depot Street/Taconic Business Park Road intersection with a large cloud of propane.
On arrival, the MFD found that the leak, which was caused by a valve inadvertently being left open during transfer at the propane depot, was under control, however residual propane remained in the area.
The MFD secured the area until additional propane experts arrived on scene to confirm the safety of the facility, while one employee was treated by Manchester Rescue. The MFD cleared the scene within the hour.

Manchester Vt Propane leak 111215 3

Manchester Vt Propane leak 111215 1

Manchester Vt Propane leak 111215 2

CONGRATULATIONS

Thursday, November 12th, 2015

Congratulations to Chief Phil Tirrell Sr. for 29 years of dedicated service to Fire Mutual Aid.

4th Alarm Building Fire in Brattleboro, VT, 11/7/2015. Photos by Joe Bushey.

Saturday, November 7th, 2015

Bratt Fire 3
Bratt Fire 2
Bratt Fire 1

MEETING NOTICE

Thursday, November 5th, 2015

MEETING NOTICE
BOARD OF DIRECTORS

LOCATION: SWNHD FIRE MUTUAL AID HEADQUARTERS
32 VERNON ST.
KEENE, N.H.

DATE: Wednesday
November 11, 2015

TIME: 1900 Hours

AGENDA: Introduction of Guests:
Approval of the October Meeting Minutes
Report of the treasury
Chief’s monthly activity report

COMMITTEE REPORTS: By-Laws Committee
Regional Training Committee
Public Relations Committee

OLD BUSINESS: Budget 2016

NEW BUSINESS: Bonnie’s retirement party

PERSONNEL ISSUES:

CORRESPONDENSE:

OPEN DISCUSSION: Suggestions for the good of the order

ADJOURNMENT:

PLEASE CONTACT COORDINATOR AT 352-1291 OR 209-2200 (cell) IF YOU ARE NOT ABLE TO ATTEND OR NEED ADDITIONAL INFORMATION.