Archive for November, 2014

READSBORO AND MUTUAL AID COMPANIES BATTLE HOUSE FIRE

Friday, November 28th, 2014

This morning at 02:29, Readsboro was dispatched on a 1st alarm to 60 Canal Dr. for a house fire. 92C1 reported heavy fire showing from “C” side of building. Mutual Aid from Whitingham, Wilmington, Stamford, Clarksburg, Ma. and North Adams Ambulance. Halifax covered Readsboro and Marlboro, Vt. covered Whitingham. Picture provided by Readsboro FD.

SWANZEY BATTLES CAR FIRE

Sunday, November 23rd, 2014

Car fire on Route 10 in Swanzey near Kempton Road. FD still there on scene. Photos by Lt. David Whipple, Fire Mutual Aid.

TRAINING

Thursday, November 20th, 2014

TRAINING

Thursday, November 20th, 2014

TRAINING

Thursday, November 20th, 2014

TRAINING

Thursday, November 20th, 2014

GOLDEN OLDIE

Monday, November 17th, 2014

Anyone remember this truck? At one time it belonged to Fire Mutual Aid and it was loaned out to member departments who had an engine out of service for a length of time. It’s call sign was MA-M1. Photo acquired from Larry Kemp.

49 YEARS IS A LONG TIME

Saturday, November 15th, 2014

CLICK HERE TO READ ARTICLE

RETIREMENT

Friday, November 14th, 2014

TODAY, THE LONGEST SERVING DISPATCHER IN FIRE MUTUAL AID’S HISTORY WILL BE HONORED WITH A RETIREMENT PARTY. WINSTON WRIGHT OF FITZWILLIAM HAS SERVED SINCE 1965 IN BOTH A FULL TIME AND PART TIME CAPACITY. FELLOW DISPATCHERS THAT HAVE WORKED WITH WIN HAVE ONE WORD TO DESCRIBE HIM AND THAT IS DEDICATION! WIN WORKED HOLIDAYS, WEEKENDS AND CAME TO WORK SOME TIMES WITH VERY LITTLE NOTICE AND RARELY SAID THAT HE COULD NOT WORK A SHIFT WHEN ASKED. THE STAFF AT FIRE MUTUAL AID HAVE THE UTMOST RESPECT FOR WIN FOR HIS MANY YEARS OF SERVICE.
Pictured is Retired Chief Paul Szoc (left) and Dispatcher Winston Wright receiving his 40 years of service award in 2005.

FATAL 2ND ALARM FIRE IN HALIFAX

Thursday, November 13th, 2014

From the Brattleboro Reformer:
HALIFAX >> Fire officials believe a man in his early 30’s died while attempting to save his dog in a house fire.

“(Ray White Jr.) woke up first and hollered to his friend. He said, ‘Hey, we got a fire. Get out,'” Halifax Fire Company Chief Wayne Courser said. “He did. He supposed the whole time Ray was out. He may have come out but we think he may have went in to get his dog.”

A second alarm for the fully involved house fire at Reed Hill Road went out at 1:39 a.m. on Thursday morning. The home was owned by Halifax firefighter Joel Nebelski and his wife Dawn. Nebelski responded to the fire.

White was staying at the home, which Courser said he believed White was renting at the time. The dog, a part Lab, was the only animal living there at the time and did not survive the fire.

The home was a trailer with a large addition on it.

“I believe (White) was in the trailer part,” said Courser.

The fire is still under investigation and was not considered suspicious. Courser said the building was well gutted and considered a total loss.

Whitingham Fire Department and Colrain Volunteer Fire Department, from Massachusetts, assisted at the scene. Marlboro Fire Department covered the Halifax station.